Stain, Paint & Stitch
Saturday, October 8th from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. EST
Description of Event:
Join us In Person at our store in Jackson, Michigan for an exciting new workshop featuring the Colorful Soul collection from Vintaj! Cassandra has already worked her magic and begun the process of uncovering all the possibilities of these gorgeous wooden gems. In class you will explore ideas like:
- How to apply the stains to the panels in meaningful ways that will make the most out of your jewelry, color palette and design.
- Examples of how to attach seed beads and Czech glass accents to the pop outs so that they lay in the desired fashion and complement your components.
- How to utilize the EASIEST acrylic paint techniques, to masterfully color your wooden jewelry pieces.
- Overall design and composition, how to plot out the finished jewelry for when you are ready to complete your work!
What is included:
- Two hours of uninterrupted time with Cassandra in an intimate group of other creatives
- A copy of all her notes and tips so you can successfully complete a work of jewelry art
- Class price includes several pop out pieces from a pre-sorted selection, use of some stains and paints for the included pop outs during class, and other tools necessary to apply the products to the wooden panels.
What you might want in addition (need to purchase separately):
- Size 11/o (we highly recommend our Curated Collection for easy color coordination) and size 8/o seed beads !
- Various pieces of Czech glass to accent your finished pieces.
- Chain, clasps, cord, wire, and anything else you prefer for jewelry assemblage.
- Embroidery Floss and needles, 4 ply Waxed Linen Cord, and 10# Willdfire